Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tribute Post: Farewell Cellar 360 - Where I Fell in Love with Wine

Cellar 360, located in Fisherman's Wharf, was the place that changed the way that I thought about wine. Sadly, after Memorial Day Weekend this year, they closed their doors. I'll try to keep this post short, but I had to share this special place and say my "good-byes", because it was so important to me.


Several years ago, on my quest to find fun and exciting things to try in the city, I stumbled across Cellar 360. They were hosting a class over the weekend for wine and chocolate pairings and it was free! My boyfriend Alex and I were planning a double date with some friends in SF, and we all decided that we had nothing to lose - we had to check it out!

We arrived at Cellar 360 and looked around the place while waiting for our class to begin. Cellar 360 was owned by Treasury Wine Estates, and they had many different varietals and brands represented. We took the class and loved it, but we were not ready to leave just yet! Once we walked into the "Wine Club Members Only" room, with a beautiful view of the bay and Alcatraz, we each sampled a wine flight. We joined the club that day, and began our wine tasting journey.


Throughout the years, we have shared many great memories at Cellar 360. I've had birthdays starting there, taken all of my closest friends and family to try their wines, made great friends and met some truly amazing people who were employed there, and finally - it was a very special place to my boyfriend Alex and I, one that we will always remember when looking back on living in San Francisco. I am truly sad to see it go. We actually went to say goodbye and have one final glass of wine during the weekend prior to it closing. Fortunately, Treasury Wine Estates have opened a new tasting room in the Paso Robles area, which we will definitely visit on our next drive to San Diego. Until then, I will just have to drink a nice bottle of Etude or Stags' Leap and maybe create my own tasting here in SF! Good-bye Cellar 360! You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment