Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Perfect Case Project: Michelle Nishikubo

Sipping Around Wine Country

 My love for wine began after my first taste of Etude Heirloom Pinot Noir four years ago. I quickly found myself searching all over Napa for other wines that gave me the same excitement as that first taste. Today I am an avid wine adventurer, documenting my experiences and helping others to find the unforgettable memories and wines that they are searching for. Here is my perfect case:
  1. 2007 Etude, Heirloom Pinot Noir
  2. 2008 Fantesca, Chardonnay
  3. 2009 Nickel & Nickel, Reguchi Block 4 Cabernet Sauvignon
  4. 2008 Tres Sabores, Zinfandel
  5. 2005 Kenzo Estate, Rindo
  6. 2008 Palmaz, Gaston Cabernet Sauvignon
  7. 2009 Soter, Mineral Springs White Label Pinot Noir 
  8. 2007 Schramsberg, Brut Rose
  9. 2007 The Vineyard House, Cabernet Sauvignon
  10. 2007 Merryvale, Profile
  11. 2009 Cakebread, Rubiyat
  12. 2008 Swanson Estate, Merlot
The wine that I would love to share with my friends is the 2009 Cakebread Rubiyat, there is just something about this amazing wine that made this vintage so special and unique. Each year the blend is very different, no two Rubiyats taste alike. This vintage featured a Pinot Noir/Syrah blend. I discovered it at an event at the winery and purchased every bottle that I could get my hands on...I am sadly down to my final bottle!

The wine that I would save as my very last bottle would be the 2007 Merryvale Profile. This wine was a beautiful, well balanced work of art. On my 25th birthday I tasted it for the first time, and I will never forget how delicious it was and how I immediately felt that I had found the perfect blend. This is a treasure that I would save for a very special occasion.

Each wine that I chose has a special memory, distinct taste, and will have a lasting experience as I enjoy them either today, or in years to come.

Cheers,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Very nice list. I would concur with most of your picks.

    ReplyDelete