Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lot18.com: My Go-To Wine Site with 30-70% off Bottles and Experiences


Sometimes you just need a great gift, a special bottle, or a few inexpensive ones to host a party. Especially over the past few months, I have received a lot of questions on where to buy great wine gifts at a reasonable price. After going through another holiday season of gifting, shipping, and lugging things around California, I've realized the importance and value in finding easy ways to send over great gifts to my loved ones. I'm a frequent customer on a site introduced to me last year called, Lot18. This "Gilt-like" wine site provides an easy to use, all things wine, gift heaven! Their flash sales offer everything from decanters, glasses, gourmet items like chocolate, coffee, cheese, specialty desserts and meats, and of course many wine options, almost always fitting your needs.

Recently they began selling experiences as well. They've offered private tastings at Napa wineries, lodging packages, really amazing experiences in New York at Le Bernardin, and event tickets to wine festivals. Everything is typically priced at a 30-70% discount, which answers the question for me of whether or not I'm getting a good deal. They also have special days and wine packages where free shipping is offered. The few times that I actually have paid for shipping, I was surprised at how low the costs were compared to purchasing and shipping from a winery directly.


Lot 18 has a great variety, from inexpensive half cases to special Cabernet Sauvignon duos. My favorite purchase was a Jonata duo of red blends...we tried one recently and are saving one to enjoy in a few years. It was amazing, and a really cool experience to try a wine from the same owner as Screaming Eagle Winery (at over $1,000 a bottle, SE is definitely out of my price range). I've found a few hidden gems that I would have never been introduced to if it weren't for this site. They always have great wines and really good information about the winery, winemaker, and vintage to help you make good choices when purchasing online.

Tip: If you "like" their Facebook page you will have access to special pre-offers that usually sell out quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment