Friday, December 6, 2013

Winetastic Holiday Picks: Best Wines Under $20

Today I was painfully reminded that I am on a budget. I feel like I'm constantly on the go and it can be so hard to sit back and take the time to think about where you are right now, in this very moment.

Luckily, drinking a glass of wine is one of those hobbies that can help you to make the time to relax and reflect. The holiday time of year can be a very expensive time for everyone. Between gifts, holiday parties, housewarmings, and just celebrations around this time in general...it can all add up pretty quickly. Below I've listed my absolute favorite wines under $20 that I would recommend for all of your upcoming holiday needs. Trust me - no one will know that you found these amazing wines on a budget:



Napa Valley Cabernet
Starmont, 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon, $16-$27
This wine is very impressive and perfect as a gift or dinner accompaniment with your favorite cab lover. Starmont is a part of Merryvale Vineyards, which produces several delicious cabernets, but at a much higher price point than this gem!
Tip: I've found the best pricing for this wine at Trader Joe's



Perfect Sauv Blanc
Joel Gott, 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, $9-$14
I first tasted this wine at a hip sushi restaurant in the city about five years ago and loved it. To this day it is definitely the best sauvignon blanc I've found under $20.
Tip: I've found the best pricing for this wine at Safeway/Vons


Delicious Pinot Noir 
Meiomi, 2012 Pinot Noir, $18-$21
This wine completely blew me away! It is a blend of grapes from three different regions (Sonoma, Monterey, and Santa Barbara) and it was the first regionally blended wine (that I knew of) I had ever tried. It is such a beautiful wine year after year and it is part of the Wagner Family of wine which includes Belle Glos and Caymus. This is one that you do not want to pass up!
Tip: I've found the best pricing for this wine at Safeway/Vons



Celebration Bubbles
Bortolomiol "Filanda" Pinot Nero Brut Rose, $15-$25
This Italian bubbly was the perfect pre-dinner drink to start off an amazing date night. I highly recommend it for NYE. It is crisp, dry, and perfect for celebrating...plus it's pink! How chic is that?
Tip: I've found the best pricing for this wine at K&L or try finding it on wine-searcher.com

No comments:

Post a Comment