Sunday, March 2, 2014

Crocker & Starr Winery: Yes, I'm Saying It - Best Cab Franc in the Valley!

Crocker & Starr

Crocker & Starr was recommended to me by an amazing friend who can spot my vino tastes without blinking an eye (typically a fine small production gem).  I first tasted their wines last year at the Napa Valley Truffle Festival and was immediately impressed. The Sauvignon Blanc was to die for, especially on a hot Napa day. Soon enough we were able to schedule a visit to the winery in St Helena and experience Crocker & Starr exclusively.

Alex Enjoying the Porch Tasting

We began our visit on the porch with the Sauvignon Blanc and it was just as beautiful as I had remembered, except now we were enjoying it overlooking their gorgeous vineyard. We toured the property then were seated for the tasting. Pam Starr, the owner and winemaker stopped by and we were able to chat with her about winemaking and her vision. She told me that she strives to build an amazing wine that is built to last 25+ years. Once we tasted the Cabernet Franc, Malbec (Casali), and the Cabernet Sauvignon, there was no doubt that she had built beautiful wines to cellar. The Cabernet Franc ($72) was one of the best that I have ever tasted. I recently opened a bottle to pair with dinner and it was amazing. It complimented my herb-filled dinner and it was also great to enjoy on its own (a glass while I was cooking).

The Beautiful Reds

The experience at Crocker & Starr was intimate and inviting. I would recommend this winery to couples looking for a Napa experience with several delicious different varietals, a private tasting, and a casual atmosphere.

Outdoor Tasting Area

Tips - Crocker & Starr:
  • Tours and Tastings are offered by Appointment Only and the Tasting Fee is $25/person for the Vineyard Experience.  
  • To book a Tasting, fill out the form here.
  • Plan to spend approximately an hour at the winery for your visit.
  • Insider Tip: If you're on a budget and would like to try a Pam Starr wine, check out Bridesmaid Wines, you might be able to purchase them at the winery as well!

Working the Vines

No comments:

Post a Comment