Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wine Tasting in SF Series: How 2 (SFO) T2


In case you needed one more reason to fly Virgin America, when heading in and out of San Francisco, Vino Volo in Terminal 2 (where all Virgin America flights depart from) has arrived! I would consider myself a frequent traveler, one who would much rather fly than drive to anywhere over 200 miles away. However, traveling through SFO typically means a minimum of one hour delay. Since my flights are usually short (either to San Diego, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas), these delays can be extremely frustrating. On my latest trip to Las Vegas, of course, my flight was delayed. Instead of getting all wound up about it, I decided to take advantage of one of the great new offerings of Terminal 2, Vino Volo. It was perfect!


Vino Volo offers many different options for travelers with 5 minutes to kill (if you are one to chug your wine - not recommended), or even a couple of hours of delays. They serve wine by the glass, by a tasting flight, and even by the bottle (for anyone who needs a celebration Champagne or Napa Cabernet Sauvignon to take to their next destination). I opted for the Sparkling Flight, 3 decent sized pours of Schramsberg, Tattinger, and Domaine Carneros, for $15. It was the best way to relax, and kick-off my mini-vacay trip to Las Vegas.


I was hungry, but didn't want to jeopardize my dinner at SW Steakhouse -  I loved that Vino Volo offered small and large plates of grilled chicken sandwiches, salmon rolls, salads, and more. I was so hungry when I received my perfectly portioned 1/2 grilled chicken sandwich, warm on a fresh roll with red pepper aoili ($5), that I had to take a bite before I snapped this picture!


Next time you are booking your flight to San Francisco, or from San Francisco to San Diego, Las Vegas, New York, Miami, Cabo, or anywhere else really fun - see if you can book on Virgin America and check out Vino Volo in T2!

No comments:

Post a Comment