Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My 2012 Vintage: A WineTastic Reflection


What a crazy, wonderful, exciting year 2012 has been for The WineTastic Weekend! I just woke up in beautiful Oregon wine country and thought that it might be a good time to reflect on the year...and maybe preview a few things to come in 2013.



Here were the highlights:

...bringing two of our favorite SD'ers to The Inn on First and finally sharing our favorite place to stay
...writing a post about buying wine at Costco during GMAT study time, and still receiving hundreds of hits from google searchers
...taking my father to the amazing Kenzo Estate for his first trip to Napa
...wining and dining with friends in the Bubble Room at J Vineyards
...saying good-bye to Cellar 360, which built my foundation for wine tasting
...discovering hidden gems like Petroni, Hunnicutt, Chateau Boswell, and Failla
...attending the Bacchanalia at Nickel & Nickel and literally having the time of our lives
...tasting my first sip of Willamette Valley pinot noir at Cornerstone Cellars 
...exploring my birth year's vintage at Far Niente for my 26th birthday
...discovering my favorite Merlot ever at Swanson Vineyards
...finally getting that picture with Morimoto at Flavor! Napa Valley
...meeting winemaker Julie Johnson and having a truly memorable experience at Tres Sabores
...tasting over 350 wines in 2012 and visiting more than 60 wineries in one year


Sneak Peek for 2013:

...exploring Coombsville (and loving it!)
...deep dive into the Willamette Valley and how to plan your Oregon wine trip
...many more winery posts and unique experience for you to try
...revamp of the site including a new mapping tool that will make planning your trip a piece of cake
...giveaways! Yes, I mean free stuff for my loyal followers!

Thank you for joining me on my journey through wine country. I hope that everyone has a wonderful, prosperous, and extremely WineTastic 2013!  

Cheers to you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment